The Butte 100 is a fantastic race, here is a collection of posts, video, and general information. Hopefully this information will help if you are considering this race.
Main Website: http://butte100.com/
Date: Saturday, July 28th, 2018
Location: Butte Montana
Events: 25mile, 50 mile, 100 mile
On Twitter: https://twitter.com/Butte100
On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Butte100/
Table of Contents
Year Started: 2007 2018 is currently the 11th year
Winners ususally finish in 9.5 hours
14.5 hours seems to be the cuttoff
They have live tracking:
History of the Event
- 2007 First Race held
- 2010 the particpants went from 80 to 2016 (Tinker Jaurez registered)
- 2011 226 racers signed up
- 2011 Neon Army Established
- 2012 The race appears to have a 250 racer limit
- 2015 First year for the 25 mile race
History of the Butte 100 Course
Need to find details about how the course changed over the years
People Involved with the Butte 100
over the years there have been many people involved with the race. This is not a complete list by any means, as I find websites and names of those associated with the race I will Put them here
Johns Wick — Race Communication Director around 2012 post about the history or the race and a promo for the 2012 Race Another Race Post
What you need to know about the Race
Race Day Information
- 6 AM — 100 mile starts
- 8 AM — 50 mile starts
- Noon — 25 mile Starts
- 6PM — 25 & 50 mile Award Ceremony
- 7PM — 100 mile Award Ceremony
- 7:15PM — Raffle (for Racers & Volunteers)
Start / Finish Area
The start finish area near I-90, exit 223 (Homestake)
Not sure how you get from the race hotel to the start of the race.
Here is what you need to know about the actual event
the course is a figure 8, so no repeated terrain.
Here is the Official 100 mile race information page
Dirt Rag (August, 2012) http://dirtragmag.com/riders-write-butte-100-race-report/
Montucky Mike (July 2015) http://www.montuckymike.com/mtb/butte100/
Stevewardsfitness August 2012 http://steveedwardsfitness.com/butte-100-the-eyeopener/
News Article KXLF
Travel & Accommdations
Flying to and from
Looks like there are 3 nearby airports you can fly
Butte How many minutes from the Race Hotel?
Helena How many minutes from the Race Hotel?
Bozeman How many minutes from the Race Hotel?
Salt Lake City now long of a drive is it from Salt Lake city airport to Butte?
Places to Stay
- Hampton Inn (Sponsor Hotel) around $170/night
- Cooper King Hotel around $170/night for two queen beds have a pool
- Comfort Inn around $130/night for two queen beds
- Miner’s Hotel around $150/night for two queen beds
- Iron Wheel (did not have a place to book online)
- Air BNB Single rooms seem to start around $60, 4 people house are around 190 and up.
Note: I checked the all the hotel and Airbnb prices in late january, with an arrival date of Thurs and departure date of Sunday. The prices are just meant to help you get a rough idea of prices.
Would be cool to have a map showing start of race, and where the hotels are located.
Race Date July 28, 2013
July 25, 2015
July 30, 2016
July 29, 2017
July 28, 2018